Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 5, 2007

Farah is off to school!

Farah's school started on September 4th, which just reminds me that my first day of college was exactly 10 years earlier on September 3rd. How time flies by is so surprising!!

There are 12 kids in her class and 3 teachers. I had to put her in school even though she was 2 and half only cause, i just knew that she was so ready for it..and waiting for the 3 year old cut off did not seem right.

She didn't shed a tear, she hugged me, kissed and said "i will see u later mommy" and then waved good bye and just went inside. I thought it was going to be much more dramatic than that, but it was not. It was so simple.I am grateful to Allah for that.

There were a few kids who just cried and cried the entire school time.On one hand i was thanking God, on the other i was thinking that Farah just didn't mind missing me and she was not as attached to me as i thought she was..which was so sad for me.

I waited the whole 90 minutes waiting for her outside the class room. I guess, i was the one who was too attached to her. she came running towards me and hugged me and said those golden words,"I am so glad to see u mommy". I was just taken away by her love. I had no doubt that she loved me and that "unconditional love" was just so pure and the most sought after thing in this whole world. There is no comparison to it.I have it. what more do I need?

It was really a good start, Masha Allah, and hope it stays that way, the rest of her life.I just pray that she embraces each new thing that happens to her with such confidence and enthusiasm that she showed on her first day of school.



No comments: